Feeling Safe in a Chaotic World.
What do I mean by Safe? And how can we feel safe, regardless of the external circumstances of our lives? In this episode I dig right into this idea of safety, and how it plays out in our lives. Whether we are in a fight/flight state, or in our rest/digest/relax state, makes a massive difference to how we show up, how we work, learn, behave, and even how our bodies respond to our circumstances.
I promised a few links to different resources in this episode, starting with my Thrive List series.
Thrive List Podcast Episodes:
- Thriving Through 2022
- Thrive Step 1: Good Sleep
- Thrive Step 2: Good Food
- Thrive Step 3: Mindfulness
- Thrive Step 4: Gratitude
- Thrive Step 5: Movement
- Thrive Step 6: Connection
- Thrive Step 7: Brave Conversations
- Thrive Extras – Part 1: Certainty Anchors and Mood Boosters
- Thrive Extras – Part 2: Commitments and Boundaries
Other Episode Links:
- Psychological Safety – Wikipedia
- What is Psychological Safety at Work? – Center for Creative Leadership
- High Performing Teams Need Psychological Safety – Harvard Business Review
- Psychological Safety Cheat Sheet – Modern Agile
- Assessment: Psychological Safety by Dr. Amy Edmondson
- Assessment: Psychologically Safe Leader Assessment – Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
- 7 Questions to Boost Psychological Safety At Work – InspireHub
Here’s to YOU feeling safer, more at peace, calmer in your own life… and using those internal resources to help you better contend with the chaotic and uncertain world we live in.
Let me know how you go with this – AND as I mentioned in the episode, if this is something you’d be interested in learning about in your company, please let me know.
With love and gratitude,
WORK WITH ME – Israel Smith – Well-Being & Emotional Resilience Coach and Keynote Speaker.
I help Dads in Business & Leadership find more peace, feel less stress, and be the best parent & leader they can be. Contact me to learn more about how you can work with me 1:1, book me for speaking gigs, or have me consult to your company.
- Website: https://israelsmith.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @israelpsmith
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/israelsmithcoaching
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/israelpsmith
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER – never miss an episode, an announcement, or a special offer for my amazing humans (i.e. YOU). Join “The Illuminators” – my email crew: https://israelsmith.com/join
Join the TCP Waitlist with Jim Fortin – https://israelsmith.com/tcpwaitlist
Mental Health Support Services
- Australia: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mental-health-resources-for-me
- Internationally: https://checkpointorg.com/global/ or https://unitedgmh.org/mental-health-support (or Google for more.)
Affiliate Disclaimer: I sometimes refer programs/products that pay me commission. You don’t pay extra, but if you choose to buy thru me, I may earn money from your purchase. Please note: 1) I operate with 100% Integrity and I don’t recommend anything I don’t personally use, LOVE and believe in. 2) Earning affiliate commissions helps me continue producing free content like this podcast, and sharing my messages with more people.