“You can get everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
Today’s quote comes back to the age-old conversation around being of service. If we each do our darndest to simply be of service, or even be useful, we’ll be able to find our own way that little bit easier. Pretty much everything I do right now is to be of service to people:
- I want to help you remember that inside yourself is an amazing, inspiring spirit, capable of making your dreams a reality, by publishing things like this IQ.
- I want to help you be able to remember and enjoy the moments in your life that truly matter, by photographing special times with your family.
- My wife and I want to help you overcome stress, overwhelm and depression, through better lifestyle and food choices, and getting to the heart of what’s really important for you.
- We want (like many of you) to make our children’s lives the best we can. Sometimes it doesn’t work out that way for me, but mostly it does.
Interestingly, choosing to always be of service is not the easiest choice. It is a very simple choice, and a very rewarding choice, but not an easy choice. It’s far easier to be self-centred, to be egotistical, and to be driven by the old WIIFM radio.. What’s In It For Me. But, in the long run, I believe being of true service is the path to sustainable happiness.
So I aim to help you smile some more in your day to day life. It makes me happy far more than simply doing things for myself. It also gives me a meaningful direction with my work and my life. I don’t want to simply float on through this life without being intentional.
Why am I telling you this? Two main reasons.
- (the smaller reason) In case it helps you with your direction, in case you’re feeling a little stuck, lost, or broken.
- (the bigger reason) Because reminding myself of WHY I do my best to serve others all the time helps me when I’m busy, tired, or feeling a bit under the pump.
I hope you have an amazing day, and I hope you are able to make the choice in your life to be useful and serve others. The world will be a better place for it, I promise.
PS Side note: Today’s quote comes from the late Zig Ziglar – an amazing author, educator, salesman and speaker. I keep hearing amazing things from him, so I’m going to get more of his stuff to read/listen to/watch. Just had to share that.