This simple healthy recipe of Cucumber Yummy Bites is provided as a healthy nibbly option for Christmas.
Cucumber, Avo & Cherry Tomato Bites
(I know this post would be better with a photo but I have ran out of time. I’ll add one when I make them at Christmas time).
1 Lebanese cucumber
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Tub cherry tomatoes
Kalamata olives, pitted
Handful of basil leaves
1. Slice cucumber into rounds 1/2cm thick. Cut say 2-3 per person
2. Remove avocado flesh & mash roughly with a fork. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice to taste & mash again
3. Slice cherry tomatoes in half (end up with the equal number of halves as the slices of cucumber
4. Slice Kalamata Olives thinly so have same amount as cucumber & tomatoes
5. wash basil leaves & tear in half if they are big
6. Assemble as follows: Top the cucumber round with a good teaspoon of mashed avocado, then place an olive slice on top of the avocado, then basil leave on top of the olive, then tomato (cut side down) on top of basil leaf.
Yummy healthy bite sized nibbles.
Serve either cold or room temperature (get ingredients out of fridge an hour or so before cutting & assembling).
You can omit any of the ingredients you don’t like except the cucumber of course. But you could replace this with say a mushroom cup.